Gossip Girl: Blair Waldorf - Recreate The Makeup Looks Of Your Favourite Upper East Siders
Updated: Aug 2, 2019
Disclaimer: This article contains spoilers for all 6 seasons of Gossip Girl
Hey Upper Eastsiders, Gossip Girl here. And I have the biggest news ever
It's time to pull out your headbands because Gossip Girl is returning for a 10 episode on HBO's new streaming service in 2020. I am a huge fan of Gossip Girl so when I heard the news I knew I had to create a Miss Makeup post about it (or should I say 3?). The next 4 Miss Makeup posts are dedicated to Manhattan's elite our Queen B Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodsen, Little J (Jenny Humphrey) and Vanessa Abrams. Each product will feature 5 of the characters most iconic makeup looks, steps on how to recreate the look and recommended products (some of which the shows makeup artist actually used on the actresses when filming the show!)
So while you wait for the much anticipated revival read the article below and try some of these looks out for yourself. (See links at the end of the article to view the posts for the other characters)
Of course I had to begin with Blair Waldorf. She is my favourite Upper East Sider and my personal style inspiration. Every girl in the late 200'0's looked up to B replicating her style from her headbands to her knee socks. Blair's makeup looks were a staple to her style with each look perfectly complimenting her outfit without overpowering it. Her glossy lips were as memorable as her quotes...
This look was worn by Blair in the first episode of Season 2. She was attending the White Party (which was obviously hosted by Vitamin Water) with Marcus. The Marc Jacobs dress worn in this episode is one of Blair's most iconic outfits.
- It's Summer when this episode takes place so Blair uses a deep bronzer on her forehead and cheekbones for a sunkissed look
- A hot pink blush is used on her cheeks which compliments her lip gloss
1. Use a shade similar to your skin tone as the base of your lid
2. Dust a dark brown in the crease
3. Pat a shimmery gold along the eyelid
4. Finish the look with a few coats of
- A baby pink gloss will perfectly match Queen B's
Look 3: Regaining Her Social Status At NYU (Season 3, Episode 2)
Blair's first day at NYU may not have been great but her makeup sure was. It is the perfect look for handing out bags of essentials (namely headbands and Tiffany & Co jewellery) to your roommates/future minions. This episode also featured Leighton Meester's song "Good Girls Go Bad"
- A shimmery bronzer across your cheeks will replicate Blair's subtle but bronzy look
1. Dust a light beige shade across the eyelid and up to the brow bone
2. Deepen the crease with a light brown especially in the outer corner
3. Line your lash line with a brown eyeliner (black for a bolder look)
- A berry pink lip gloss possibly layered over a pink lipstick
Look 4: "If You're Going To Be Sad You Might As Well Do It In Paris" (Season 4, Episode 1)
Who could forget Blair and Chuck's wedding day! Her stunning 2012 Marc Jacobs Runway dress matched with a diamond headband of course. Blair's natural bronzy makeup look has to be my personal favourite.
- Apply a rosy blush minimally for a subtle look
- Lightly bronze your forehead and keep it natural
1. Dust a pink copper eyeshadow shade in the crease
2. Pat a light pink shimmer from the centre of the eye lid
3. Draw a thin line across the upper lash line using black eye liner (preferably pencil for a lighter look)
- A deep pink lip gloss with a red undertone will work well for this look
- For a bolder colour apply a berry pink matte lipstick with a lighter pink lip gloss on top
- Chanel Glossimer Lip Gloss (Source of the first image)
- E.L.F Cosmetics Warm Bronzer (Source of the second image)
- Maybelline Tattoo Studio Long Lasting Eyeliner Pencil (Source of the third image)
- Garnier BB Cream in Medium/Deep (Source of the fourth image)
- Makeup For Ever Glossy Full Couleur (Source of the fifth image)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Source of the sixth image)
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. I love being able to write about beauty looks from Gossip Girl characters so expect many more articles about them soon. Who are your favourite characters and what other makeup looks should I write about?
To read more Gossip Girl related posts check out our 'Gossip Girl' section on the Blog page or click the links below