The reverse cat eye makeup look has been super popular amongst Tik Tok beauty gurus and we can understand why! The look was popularised by Painted By Spencer and has been worn by tons of celebrities years before it was popularised. In this article, we will be teaching you step by step how to recreate the look and the best products to use.
What is a reverse cat eye?
The reverse cat-eye is simply what the name suggests, a flipped upside-down cat-eye. The look is placed on the lower lashline rather than on the lid. It can transform regular day makeup to nighttime glam in a few simple steps
Step By Step
1. Prep eyelids with an eye primer or concealer for a smooth and adhesive base
2. Lighlty apply a grey eyeshadow shade to the crease on a fluffy brush using windshield wiper motions
3. Buff the same grey shade to the lower lash line using a flatter brush
4. Use a black gel eyeliner pencil to line the lower lash line, extending to the inner corner and winging the outer corner
5. Using a detailing brush, smudge the liner outwards to elongate the eye
6. Pair with black mascara on the upper and lower lashes. Read this article for our favourite waterproof mascaras!