Hey Upper Eastsiders, Gossip Girl here. And I have the biggest news ever
It's time to pull out your headbands because Gossip Girl is returning for a 10 episode on HBO's new streaming service in just a few months!. As a huge Gossip Girl fan myself, Miss Makeup has been posting heaps of makeup tutorials inspired by your favourite Upper East Siders. If you haven't already, be sure to read the other articles: Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodsen, Little J (Jenny Humphrey) and Vanessa Abrams.
This look was a special request from one of Miss Makeups readers who would love to recreate Blairs 18th birthday look. I was so excited when I saw what look they wanted me to recreate because it is definitely one of my favourites. Keep reading to see how you can recreate this look!
1. Start off your look with a thin layer of moisturiser. This will help your skin to look youthful and glowy!
2. Prime, Prime, Prime! As Nikkie Tutorials says, not to prime is a crime
3. Use a beauty sponge to apply a full coverage foundation all the way down to your neck
4. Sparingly apply a concealer 1-2 shades lighter under your eyes, on your chin and centre of your forehead
5. Set with a loose translucent powder for an oil-free look
6. Blush is important for this look to give more colour to the look. Using a blush that has some dew but isnt a bold colour would be best. Apply just above the cheekbone down to the apple of the cheek.
7. Focus a warm-toned (NOT cooled toned) bronzer around the outer edges of the face for more structure but avoid contour
8. To keep the dew, apply highlighter on alllll high points of the face
9. Finish off the face makeup with a dewy setting spray like the Morphe X Madison Beer Dew Mist
10. The eyes are the star of the show for this look so they needed to be primed and set with translucent powder before you can begin with the look
11. Build the colour with a golden brown all over the lid and deeper into the crease
12. Pack on a shimmer with a slight silver sparkle into the centre and the inner corner
13. Use a black pencil eyeliner to draw a thin line along the lashline. End with a very small flick like Blairs
14. Coat a lengthening mascara like the Huda Beauty one for those full lashes
15. Build on the lip look by starting simply with lip balm
16. Outline your lip shape with a berry pink/red liner
17. Fill in with a highly pigmented lip gloss like the Colourpop So Juicy glosses
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. I love being able to write about beauty looks from Gossip Girl characters so expect many more articles about them soon. Who are your favourite characters and what other makeup looks should I write about?
To read more Gossip Girl related posts check out our 'Gossip Girl' section on the Blog page or click the links below